Do you or your children know what to do in case your home or community is affected by fire, flood, storm or other disaster? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency occurs, there is a great chance you will not all be together. For this reason alone, making a family plan is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatedesigned to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of water, food and other necessities in case of emergencies. Paul Davis recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least two times a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so you and your family can be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our neighbors and friends. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form